This week, an e-mail from Steve Mayfield regarding the Tascam US122L usb interface.
Quite a decent looking portable audio interface which might suit those wishing to record direct to a laptop.
* 2 XLR mic inputs with phantom power
* 2 analog line inputs (1 switchable to high impedance for use with guitars, basses, etc.)
* 1 MIDI input, 1 MIDI output
* USB 2.0 equipped (also supports USB 1.1)
* Up to 96kHz/24-bit for high quality recordings
* Zero-latency hardware monitoring
* Headphone/level control
* Bus powered for use with any PC or Mac, including laptops
Also, what’s happening with that hand-held field recorder shootout?
E. Bernhard Warg sent in another demonstation of the Coles 4104 Lip mic in action.
Plus, my dramas trying to get get a PS3, an Onkyo home theatre amp and a Sony Bravia talking and playing nicely together.
And for those interested in home theatre stuff, some reading material for ya!